• Most importantly, please avoid placing excess strain on your jewellery. The jewellery is delicate in nature and susceptible to easy wear and tear if worn carelessly.
• Always store pieces individually (in your chiffon pouches or jewellery boxes). This prevents tangling and oxidisation. We suggest that you wipe them with a soft‚ clean cloth to help remove natural body oils and/or sweat residue after each wear.
• Keeping you pieces in their pouches/boxes will also minimise stones falling out and embellishments breaking off.
• Avoid storing pieces in direct sunlight or extreme heat or cold.
• Washing your pieces with very gentle soapy water is possible but not all pieces are waterproof (we will indicate this when you purchase these pieces). Tarnishing can also occur if some pieces are exposed to certain forms of liquids or substances.
• Do not let your jewellery come into contact with chemicals‚ hair spray, perfumes‚ body lotions. We also recommend that you let your perfumes or lotions dry on areas whiere your jewellery will be in direct contact with first before wearing your jewellery.
• Silver finished jewellery will darken over time (due to oxidation) please use a silver polishing cloth to clean those parts and shine should be restored.
• Brass based pieces will also darken (oxidise) over time. If you do not wish to keep the darkened vintage look, you can use a brass polish to wipe it down, however the gold shine may not be restored to the original.
• We try our best to provide the best available 14kt or 24kt gold plated parts where available however some gold plated jewellery parts could fade over time.
We suggest that customers who have severe eczema to contact us first before purchasing any jewellery. Heather herself suffers from severe eczema so is in the perfect position to address such questions!. We also wish to point out that sometimes young children could have eczema too, so please contact Heather on questions regarding Carousel jewellery as well.